Monday, July 25, 2011

July in a flash

I cannot believe it has been a month since I posted last.  July has flown by as we've been busy traveling, thrifting, knitting, kissing, and playing.

We started out the month by heading to VA to my sister's house for the weekend of the 4th.  We had a great time and got to visit with my dad, brother, and younger sister too!  After the weekend Kurt headed back to TN and Oliver and I stayed in VA.  We spent a week in VA then headed to DE for a week.  Oliver did great for the first week and a half of our trip.  By the end he was homesick and fussy.  I missed Kurt like crazy and found a whole new appreciation for how much he helps me with Oliver.  Oliver missed his daddy and his daddy definitely missed him.  Kurt couldn't believe how big Oliver was when we were reunited.

While we were gone Jenny taught me how to knit and I was able to make Oliver a hat for the fall.  I really enjoyed it and he looks stinking adorable in his new hat.  I'm excited to learn to make more things with my goal being to make a diaper cover and eventually longies.

While in VA and DE we had some thrifting adventures.  I had some great finds including outdoor light up Christmas trees (which got me really excited about Christmas with a baby!), brand new Merrells for myself, a skirt, shirt, dress, and tanktop for myself, a playmat for Oliver (since I forgot mine on our trip), 2 pairs of lightly used Robeez for Oliver, clothes, pjs, etc for Oliver mostly for the fall- lots of Baby Gap, Hartstrings, Hanna Anderson, Ralph Lauren, etc.  We found some great things and I only spent $70 total.

Oliver is 6 months old today and has done some new things this month including-
Giving kisses!
He rode a carosel in DE at funland
He played in the sand at the beach
Dipped his toes in the ocean- and cried
Met his great grandmother
Grew long enough to play in his Jumperoo, which he loves
and of course lots of giggles, smiles, and drool.

We're still waiting on him to sit up  on his own and to cut his first tooth. I don't think either of those is too far away.  We've decided to hold off on starting solids since Oliver is still not sitting up on his own yet.  I'm currently reading The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears.

Well there you have it, that pretty well sums up our month thus far.  I'll leave you with a precious picture I snapped the other night of my boys in a blissful slumber. It's impossible to settle into bed next to these two without a smile on your face and a thankful prayer on your heart.  Thanks for reading, be well.


No comments:

Post a Comment