Monday, November 21, 2011

Deck the Halls!

We decorated for Christmas this weekend.  Every year it is something I look forward to and this year with a baby my excitement is multiplied.  Kurt worked hard for me this weekend getting the decorations from the attic, putting the tree together, putting on the lights (we have an old-fashioned tree), putting together our outside decorations, and even running to the store for extension cords.  He even had to slide our tree from one side of the room to the other, after it was all decorated, because we I decided it didn't look right where it was first located.  He's a good sport! 

To set the mood Oliver and I put on some Christmas pj's.  His were Gymboree reindeer pj's and wore a shirt that said, "Meet me under the mistletoe".  We started up our Glee Christmas station on pandora, made hot chocolate on the stove, topped with real, home-made whipped cream.  Plus the aroma of a baking pumpkin pie!  I love decorating before Thanksgiving because we always travel for the holiday and I LOVE coming home to a decorated house for Christmas! 

Kurt and I with our 1st Christmas ornament from him parents in 2008
The 3 of us with our +1 ornament from Kurt's parents last year
Friday evening Oliver and I did some shopping and I found his first Christmas ornament at Hallmark.  When I first saw it I knew I had to buy it.  I actually teared up when I wrote on the back of it before decorating the tree.  Thinking how he'll change each year, what life will bring us, and thinking of him one day putting it on his own tree with his own children, was enough to make me emotional.  I got this picture of him looking at his ornament after we found the perfect spot for it on the tree.  



3 comments:

  1. LOVE the mother's ornament. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old fashioned tree? Well, I must be really old fashioned, then, because I thought everyone still put their lights on the trees. :P

    Love these photos. I always put on Christmas movies and drink something Christmasey, too. I usually do it the day after Thanksgiving if we're home. LOVE Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha- I wanted a prelit tree! They already have the lights and they don't come apart like the old trees do. We might get one black friday to use next year. :)

    ReplyDelete