Friday, April 27, 2012

Mother-Son Date Knight @ Chick-Fil-a

Last night Oliver and I went on our first official date.  We met some ladies from our small group there with their sons.  We were greeted at the door and seated, given a flower, and served from our table.  It was so sweet.  Since it was a date I let Oliver have his very own kid's meal.  That was a first for him and he ate like a king!  He had 2 chicken strips, a couple waffle fries, an apple juice box, and ice cream!  I think he ate as much as I did!  We really enjoyed it.

While there I saw two things that melted my heart and made me excited for what is to come.  One mother was there with her teenage son.  It was so sweet that he still went with her on the date night!  There was another mom with a younger son, probably 5 years old.  They were matching in lavender.  When the bill came the little boy reached in his pocket and pulled out some cash to pay the bill.  It was the sweetest thing ever!  I really love the baby/toddler stage that Oliver is in but also can look forward to older years when we still get to do this kind of thing.

Being that it was our first date we had to get some pictures before we left home; so we snapped a few right before getting in the car.  I told Oliver this was the only time he's allowed to kiss on a first date!


Oliver turned out to be a perfect gentleman and I'm sure he'll only get better as one day he will be able to open doors for me and get himself in the car!  :)

It did my heart good.

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment