Monday, January 16, 2012

It's almost Party Time!!!

I feel like a kid, I'm so excited for this birthday party coming up on Saturday. I'm obviously more excited than Oliver since- well- he doesn't even know it's his birthday. I have had so much fun crafting and planning this party. I've sewn, hot glued, cut, wrapped, pinned, and taped. I have refrained from posting pictures of my crafting progress because I don't want all our guests to see what I've made, since everyone some of you, read my posts...

I can however share the menu. Just for kicks and giggles. Since you're on the edge of your seat wondering what we're eating.

Pulled Pork -- my special recipe, I made it for Kurt's birthday 4 days before Oliver was born
Fruit skewers
Veggie tray with ranch dip
Baby bell cheese tray
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Chips and Sala
Other chips
Taco Dip
Nutella Banana Sticks
Banana Pudding Cups
Cake and Ice cream

We're expecting 19 adults and 6 kiddos. Kurt's family comes Friday midday and I'm really excited about that too! Enough about the party. Lets talk about our new camera.

We got a Canon Rebel camera at the beginning of this month. Here's how cool Kurt is. I said, "I want that so bad" He said, "Ok lets get it now and we'll have it for Oliver's birthday". Easy as pie. :) Since we dropped the money on a camera we decided we should take Oliver's pictures ourselves instead of paying Sears or umm, Wal-mart (they did a surprisingly good job)- To do them.
So we put a sheet up and started snapping away and after about 250 shots, we got a few pretty good ones. We're still learning so don't be too hard on us!




2 comments:

  1. Adorable! :-) And happy early first birthday Oliver!! You sure are a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pictures are great! he's such a cutie! and the food sounds delicious-- can't wait for party time!

    ReplyDelete