Sunday, January 22, 2012

Oliver's Birthday Party!

Well we did it.  We pulled it off.  Oliver's sock monkey party was last night and we had a great time.  I loved having our friends here to celebrate with us.  I feel so blessed to have such great friends here in Knoxville.  Kurt's parents were able to come for the party and we were so glad to have them here as well.  Here are some pictures of the party for the family that could not make it here.  I got a lot of my ideas from pinterest, which I'm so grateful for!  *Recipes at bottom*



Thanks Aunt Libby for making our cake!


Drink table- green sweet tea, IBC root beer, coke, water

Coffee with sock monkey stirring sticks!

Smash cake- which Oliver wasn't very interested in

Food Table!!






Favors!

Make your own sock monkey puppet!

Party Hats 
Oliver's "guest book"


Monkey Butt!

And Oliver's friend Jack playing the guitar!
Recipes
Banana Pudding-- This is a dear friend's recipe and it's the best banana pudding I've ever had!
INGREDIENTS-
1 large box VANILLA pudding
Cool whip
Milk
Bananas
Vanilla wafers 
Make pudding using 1/2 cup LESS than directed on box.  For big box use 2.5 cup cold milk instead of 3.  Chill according to box directions.  Mix spoonful of cool whip with pudding.  Layer pudding, banana slices, wafers, cool whip until gone.  I topped my banana pudding cups with crushed vanilla wafers.  The cups I used in the pictures came from dollar tree and were disposable. 

ENJOY! 

1 comment:

  1. that is wonderful! What a wonderful birthday party. Wish I could have come! Looks like it was wonderful. LOVED his monkey outfits.

    ReplyDelete