Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Quick Update

I just wanted to check in quickly. First things first, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

A quick recap of our last few weeks would tell you that we had a nice holiday despite a hospital stay for my little sister, the bride. She had another meeting with kidney stones, one week before her wedding, on Christmas Eve. Jenny and I were able to pitch in to get the holiday meal cooked while my mom stayed with Libby in the hospital. Libby and Mom arrived back home about 5pm on Christmas Day. We had our meal and Christmas that evening, it actually turned out pretty nicely.

Kurt and I bought a Macbook Pro as a family gift this year, so why do I come to you from my 4 year old Dell inspiron? Well, the Mac has not worked right from the beginning and we're going to Apple today to try to get them to just give us a new computer, I'd say this is unacceptable for a brand new Mac! Wouldn't you?!

Kurt went back to Tennessee to work a few days while Oliver and I stayed in DE to get ready for the wedding on New Years Eve. I'm not sure how much help we were since he's into everything he sees, but we were there regardless.

We got to VA a day later than planned for the wedding but we actually did pull it all off. Libby was a fabulous bride just rolling with the punches with things like being told she couldn't have the ceremony where we planned the week of the wedding, a hospital stay, and finding out we couldn't actually use the linens we were told we could use.

Libby was a beautiful bride and the day really panned out nicely. I'll post a blog of pictures once we get this computer thing worked out, my pictures are on the Mac.

The night of the wedding Kurt hit a deer, that really turned out for that too. The grill came off of the car but there was no other damage.

Jenny and Ryan got a Canon Eos Rebel for Christmas from Ryan's family and I fell in love with the camera. After finding one on Woot.com Kurt bought me a similar model to theirs. I'm so excited to have it for Oliver's first birthday!

That leads me to Oliver and his updates. He got his first tooth this morning!! I'd say it's about time! He's done great with it though and isn't fussy, he's busy like always happy to be back at home. He's walking behind his pushing toys and will stand on his own. He's been close to his first steps several times, I keep holding my breath thinking he's going to do it. He's so close. We're in party planning mode with lots to do before his first birthday. His party will be a sock monkey party on January 28th. We're very excited to celebrate with our friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting end of the year! I'm happy everything worked out for Libby and can only imagine how beautiful she looked on her wedding day. May I also add that it's about time that Oliver got his first tooth! It was nowhere to be seen when we say you just last week. He must have had it hiding in that cute little mouth of his. ;) Can't wait to see wedding pics and all of the new pictures you'll be taking with your new camera!

    xo

    ReplyDelete